I am currently a Ph.D. student in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of California, Berkeley. I am advised by Alice Agogino and work in the Berkeley Institute of Design. My forthcoming dissertation is on Design Informatics and how to apply it to Crowd-based design and Computational Design Synthesis systems. I am supported through a National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate (NDSEG) fellowship.
When I'm not doing research or contributing to open-source projects, I'm usually biking fun places or cooking up a storm as an apprentice chef at Kitchen On Fire. I also help lead the Mechanical Engineering Graduate Student Council (MEGSCo) at U.C. Berkeley.Awards:
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate (NDSEG) Fellowship (2012)
- Frank and Margaret Lucas Fellowship (2011)
- Forstall Award for the Excellence in Mechanical Engineering (2009)
- First place in the CIT Honors Research Project Competition (2009)
- Second place in the ASME Young Design Engineers Project Competition (ASME IDETC 2009)
- Undergraduate Teaching Fellow (2009)
- Department Research Honors, Carnegie Mellon Mechanical Engineering (2009)
- Carnegie Mellon Senior Leader (2009)
For research inquiries or collaborations, you can e-mail me at my UC Berkeley address: mark.fuge [at] berkeley (.edu)
For collaborations on engineering projects or personal inquiries not applicable to research, you can reach me at my personal e-mail: mark.fuge [at] gmail
If you need to speak with me directly, you may contact me by phone at: (973) 954-6662
If you need to set up an appointment to meet with me, you can do so by first checking my calendar to make sure I am free and then sending me an e-mail to set up a time to meet.
If you are on Berkeley's campus, and need to meet with me, feel free to stop by my office at the Berkeley Institute of Design: HMMB 354
You can also find me online at my LinkedIn Profile